Thursday, January 31, 2013

My version of love poem "Sonnets from the Portuguese, No 43"

My version (I know) can't hold a candle to 
Elizabeth Barrett Browning's sonnet.

How much I love thee, I can't count the ways.

I love thee to the deepest, widest and highest 
my soul can speak, my feelings without limits.

If our relationship was to end, I'd be dimmest.
As I love thee to huge levels of happy blissfulness.
You are my yearning need, by day and night.

And I love thee as fiercely as men try to be right;
I love thee as chaste as men turn to Praise.
I love thee with emotionally charged passion 
used in my past sorrows and my childhood grace.

I love thee with a bond I thought was missing.
So if I lose virtue; I still love thee with joyful gasping,
tearful and smiling moments! And if God be willing
I shall love thee greater after life, everlasting.

this poem written by me, Lisa Sc.

No comments:

Post a Comment